Prices mentioned are based on 10 persons. Check for yourself at booking form or send enquiries. We love to meet you in Myanmar.
Why With Us
Highlights of Mrauk U and Chin tribes explore
- Explore the ancient city of Arakan in Rakhine State
- Enjoy the local life along the Kaladan River
- Explore the local culture and traditions
- Meet the Chin tribe and their unique lifestyle and their face-tattooed women
Day 1 : Arrival at Sittwe airport and boat to Mrauk-U for overnight.
On arrival at Sittwe airport, we transfer to the jetty for a private boat trip along the interesting Kaladan River to the town of Mrauk-U which will take about 5 to 7 hours as we are going upstream and enjoying life along the river. Once we arrive in Mrauk-U, we transfer to our hotel for overnight.
Day 2 : Mrauk-U sightseeing
After breakfast at our hotel, we go sightseeing in Mrauk-U, the ancient capital of the 15th century the Rakhine Kingdom. We first visit the local market and then the Archaeological Museum near the site of the Palace where we will see the ancient glazed stone slabs. We then visit the Pharaouk Pagoda, Mong-Khong-Shwe Du Stupa, Pisei Pagoda on a small hill, KoeThaung Temple (a shrine with 90,000 Buddha images), Latt-Say Lake (an artificial lake with city walls and a gate) and the Mahabandola Monastery where we will see countless Buddha images and priceless jewelry. After our morning of sightseeing we will have lunch and then take a short rest at our hotel. In the afternoon we visit the massive Shit-Thaung Temple, a significant temple with 80,000 Buddha images and reliefs. We then visit Htaukkhan-Thein Temple which looks more like a fortress, then the Andaw Temple, Ratanabon Stupa, Laymyathnar Temple (a four sided temple), Laungbanprauk Pagoda (known as “Plate Pagoda”) where we will see some glazed flowers like plates, and then we visit Pitakataik (a small library) which is used as a Buddhist script depository during ancient times. We then drive to Harritaung Hill for sunset and then back to our hotel for overnight.
Day 3 : Boat to Chin village for sightseeing
After breakfast at our hotel, we drive to the Ngagya jetty by jeep which will take about 20 or 30 minutes. We then continue to a Chin village by boat for 2½ hours and on the way, we will enjoy the bamboo forest which surrounds the shallow creek. Upon arrival at the Chin village, we will meet the Chin people, visit a few homes, and learn more about their lives. The Chin women are famous for their long tradition of having tattoos on their faces. This is a culture to be appreciated and the surrounding scenery is beautiful. We will enjoy our packed lunch. We take the boat back to Mrauk U and overnight at Mrauk U.
Inclusion And Exclusion
- (3) Nights Hotel Accommodation with breakfast at the above-mentioned hotel
- (2) Ways Internal flights (Yangon-Sittwe / Sittwe-Yangon)
- Hotel/Airport transfers with good air conditioning car
- English speaking stationed guide
- Boat to Chin Village
- Boat to/from Sittwe and Myauk U
- Zone Fees
- Water and snow towel on tour
- Toll fee and fuel charges for car
- Government Tax and Service charges
- Tourist visa
- Personal expenses
- Food and beverages (Except breakfast where mentioned)
- Travel insurance
- Items not mentioned in “Services included”