Myanmar is now reopened for fully vaccinated foreign nationals and the tourist E-visa has resumed on 15 May 2022 in accordance with the COVID-19 rules and regulations of the Ministry of Health. The process of applying for a Tourist E-visa remains the same as the earlier way and it is very simple and straightforward.
So, if you are planning to visit Myanmar for leisure or travel in 2022, we would like to share the necessary Myanmar travel information you need to prepare in advance to get a tourist E-visa and enter Myanmar.
1) Firstly, you must be fully vaccinated against Covid-19 to enter Myanmar.
2) You must have a Covid-19 Vaccination Certificate at least 14 days before arrival in Myanmar, with one of the vaccines which have been approved by the Ministry of Health (MOH).
Vaccines approved by the Ministry of Health are as follows:
- CoronaVac (Sinovac Biotech Ltd.)၊
- AstraZeneca or Covishield (AstraZeneca & University of Oxford/SK Bioscience (Korea) /Siam BioScience/ Serum Institute of India (SII))၊
- Pfizer- BioNTech COVID-19 Vaccine or Comirnaty (Pfizer Inc., & BioNTech)၊
- Janssen or Johnson & Johnson (Janssen Pharmaceuticals Companies of Johnson & Johnson)၊
- Moderna (ModernaTX, Inc.)၊
Sinopharm or COVILO or BIBP-CorV (Beijing Institute of Biological Products Co., Ltd)၊
- Sputnik V (Gam-COVID-Vac) (Gamaleya National Research Centre of Epidemiology and Microbiology)၊
- Sputnik Light (Gamaleya National Research Centre of Epidemiology and Microbiology)၊
- Covaxin by Bharat Biotech၊
- Myancopharm by Ministry of Industry, Myanmar၊
- Nuvaxovid (NVX-CoV2373) vaccine, Novavax Co.,Ltd၊
- COVOVAX (NVx-CoV2372), Serum Institute of India Pvt. Ltd.၊
- CorBEvax TM, Biological E, Limited
3) A negative COVID-19 PCR test result no more than 72 hours before arrival in Myanmar must be required.
4) Inbound Travel Accident Insurance Policy with COVID-19 coverage will be purchased from Myanma Insurance and must be attached to the visa application.
5) Health Declaration Form must be filled out upon arrival.
6) A printed copy of each of the above documents will be presented at the airport.
7) Children under 12 years old are exempted from the certificate of full vaccination if they travel with a fully vaccinated parent(s) or guardian(s). For children between 6 to 12, if they are not fully vaccinated, they will be required to present a negative COVID-19 RT-PCR test result issued at most 48 hours before arrival to Myanmar at the airport health counters.
8) Upon arrival in Myanmar, you must undertake a COVID-19 Antigen Rapid Diagnostic Test (RDT) at the place designated by the Ministry of Health and airport authorities. It will cost 15,000 MMK per person.
9) If the result is negative, you don’t need to stay in quarantine and are allowed to go with your travel plan. If the result is positive or displays the Covid-19 symptoms, you will be taken to a designated isolation location.
10) For an online e-visa, you can apply it from this link: https://evisa.moip.gov.mm/
Your challenge would be to buy Travel Insurance for Myanmar. You must buy Travel Insurance from Myanma Insurance. We can help you.
Need help with your trip to Myanmar, our travel experts are ready to assist you. Keep in touch with us here.